I wasn't lying when I said these are the easiest, 5 ingredient donuts you'll ever make. It's actually proven to be a bit dangerous in our household how quick and easy these are. See the recipe below for how to make these tasty little devils.
Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
1 can of Grands Homestyle Biscuits (or your favorite brand, just not the flaky kind)
1 cup sugar
1.5 Tbs cinnamon
1 stick butter
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Pour oil into Fry-Baby or skillet (1/2 inch deep if using a skillet) and heat on medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. In separate blow, melt butter and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
4. Cut the center out of each biscuit using a cookie cutter or the plastic cap on the oil bottle (I've tried it and it works like a charm!).
5. Drop dough into oil and watch carefully. Turn over when golden.
6. Once golden on both sides, remove to paper towel lined plate. Repeat until all dough is cooked. Don't forget the donut holes!
7. Dip both sides of donut into melted butter, then into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve warm and enjoy!
Photos ©Cameron Reynolds Photography, LLC.