We've had an abundance of tomatoes from our plants this summer so, naturally, we've been using them for tomato pies. I was so excited to dig in to this one that I forgot to photograph it before we ate...hence the half eaten shot of pie! Scroll down for my family's quick and delicious recipe.
2-3 medium tomatoes, sliced and dried
2 cups mozzarella cheese
3 Tbs basil
6-8 slices bacon, cooked
salt and pepper to taste
1. Bake pie crust according to package instructions but don't let it get too brown. Let cool.
2. Slice tomatoes and let dry on paper towel.
3. Put 1 to 1.5 cups of mozzarella on the bottom of the pie.
4. Layer tomatoes on top of mozzarella.
5. Cut basil into small pieces and layer on top of tomatoes.
6. Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top of tomatoes and basil.
7. Layer the remaining mozzarella on top then sprinkle with parmesan, salt and pepper.
8. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
©Cameron Reynolds Photography, LLC.