Easter is almost here so I tried my hand at these marbled, shibori-esque dyed Eggs (DIY via Alice and Lois). It didn't go quite as planned - I wish mine were a bit darker and had more coverage. They're also more marbled than Shibori but I'm still happy with the results! See below for the how-to for all you crafters out there!
What you'll need:
Eggs - faux or hard boiled
Navy nail polish
Disposable plastic container with room temp. water
Rubber gloves (this is messy!)
1. Fill container 3/4 full with room temp. water (*If the water is too cold the polish will sink).
2. Add a few drops of nail polish. More drops of polish = darker and more coverage.
3. Lightly stir with stick to make a marble look in water.
4. Dip the egg under the water and swirl. Wear rubber gloves; this gets pretty messy at this point.
5. Dry the eggs on a piece of foam with pins or small nails.
©Cameron Reynolds Photography, LLC.